What's new

Opinions on Panasonic PT-56HX41? (1 Viewer)

Leo

Second Unit
Pat, you know this is just the start of the latest upgrade bug. ;) Now, you'll want new cables, a new rack.... It never stops!!! muhhahaaahhah

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Nice! Your screen shots look very good. Much better than the old ones w/ the Zenith on your site--I assume part of the difference comes from the use of a better(?) camera.
RE: the EE, yeah, I didn't use to notice any on the old 32" from 8-9' away, but now, it can be quite apparent on the 53". I'm still not sure, but Lilo & Stitch seems to have quite a bit of EE, especially in the opening/closing credits where it looks quite severe. Oh, the joys (and curse) of owning a better TV. :D
So are you getting the itch to plow through all your DVDs once again? :) I wish my LDP hadn't died though. Could use a good dose of the original SW trilogy on the new TV (and some Indy too!). :frowning: Well, at least there seems to be news that the Indy movies might finally come out on DVD later this year--according to today's Digital Bits column.
_Man_

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Same digital camera.

I've got 3 LD players, am giving a 4th one away tonight (just too many, not using it, might as well give one away to someone else with a LD collection).

I'll be doing more tweaking in the coming, but want to wait for the burn-in time and keep the contrast/brightness levels low, but enjoyable.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Pat,

If you plan to sell off an extra LDP cheaply, let me know. I'm sorta keeping an eye out for a cheap one to get me by.

_Man_

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Pat, I own the 51hx41, have had it for a lil' over a year now and it is great. I love this thing, movies look great except the red push, but some calibrating will take care of that. My buddy just got the 53hx42 the other day and I still think, well I know I'm happy with going 4:3. I just couldn't and he can't either, watch 4:3 TV on a widescreen Tv but it looks so horrid. My eyes where hurting after a few moments, I tell him to switch to 4:3 instead of 'JUST' mode, but he refuses. I guess I don't blame him if I spent $2000 on a WS I'd want to use the whole screen to, but it looks like poo, everyone is fat and distorted. I haven't had a chance to watch a DVD on it but, I've seen enough to know I don't care how great it looks with a DVD, it sucks on normal TV programming. That over hanging screen looks different, not right like someone else said. Besides like you said, just keep it for a few years untill there is more 16:9 programming and get a WS. Its not like you spent an outragous amount of money on the thing and you still have a nice TV for HDTV anyway should you decide not to go with WS for a while longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks