Opinions on Panasonic DVD-RV60

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Situ, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Ken Situ

Ken Situ Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody here have a Panasonic DVD-RV60? Does this player has built-in DTS and DD5.1 decoders? Hows picture and audio qualities? What's the general opinions on this particular player?
    Thanks in advance for all and any info.

2. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Ken,
    I've had the RV-60 for a while now and have never had a problem playing any discs. It has an onboard DD decoder but no DTS decoder. Picture is nice. The unit has both optical and coax digital out jacks and both S-video and Component video jacks. Nice player and not too expensive. I would reccommend it as an entry level player without reservation. Hope this helps. Good luck.

3. Ken Situ

Ken Situ Stunt Coordinator

Thanks very much Jason for the info. I've been looking around the net for info on the RV60, and what I found is incredibly confusing.
    Almost all info from Europe indicating the RV60 has DTS decoder on board, while most info from US, Canada and Asia showing RV60 has no DTS decoder on board.
    I've searched Panasonic's global site, the USA site, and the Canadian site, and not one bit of technical info shows up about the RV60 at all.

4. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Glad to help. If you need to know anything else just revisit this thread. Later.