Opinions on new Klipsch lineup?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by NicholasL, May 23, 2003.

1. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

Has anyone heard the new Klipsch RF-25 or 35's? I'm kinda pissed since I just bought my RF-3II's a few months ago, and now they supposedly have speakers that are better.

2. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Well, I don't think the difference between the RF-3 II and RF-35 are really big. However, some users have noticed a difference. Remember, the RF-25 is CHEAPER than the RF-3 II, the RF-35 is the "replacement" for the RF-3 II, not the RF-25.

3. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

By the way, just incase you don't know, the RF-5 and RF-7 (along with RC-7 and RS-7) are NOT being replaced. The RF-7 still remains the top-of-the-line Klipsch Reference Series speaker.

4. dean_g

dean_g Agent

Now Nichlos, if you were hanging out with us Klipscheads over at the Klipsch Forums where you belong -- you would have known about the new speakers long before you bought your RF-3s.[​IMG]

I wouldn't worry about -- I'm not convinced the new cones are so much an improvement as much as an attempt to shore up the density somewhat because of the older cones were so prone to being dented. I think the older cones might be lighter/thinner -- and react to transients better. I could be wrong -- but that's my gut feeling.

Enjoy your RF-3 II's -- they are great speakers.

5. scott besancon

6. RickBlacker

RickBlacker Stunt Coordinator

Dean, Scooter, hows it going?

7. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

I did notice that the RF-5 and RF-7 remain the same. I wonder why that is? Are they so good that Klipsch didn't have anything to improve upon, unless they had to increase the price point? I mus say though, I was switching between the RF-35 and RF-7 at my local dealer the other day with music and dvd's, and my goodness, the difference is ridiculous! The RF-7's are insane!

8. dean_g

dean_g Agent

m00n and Scooter drop in for a visit...kewl! Yeah Scooter, I've been following your threads over at Klipsch -- a lot work isn't it?

Check out my thread over here on updating the crossovers of the JBL S-26. I've been busy -- I just redid 5 of those for LeMarcus' HT here in Dayton. I'm still pulling fiberglass out of my skin!

You didn't hear it from me -- but expect the RF-7 and RF-5 to get the facelift job within the next 18 months.

9. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I didn't realize so many Klipsch regular's were here too.
    (fabulousfrankie)

10. scott besancon

Look at you guys..Seems we just can't get enought[​IMG]

11. JoeTX

JoeTX Auditioning

I just bought the RF-35s, I'm not setting them up yet b/c I am moving this weekend, but when I do, ill tell you how they are.

12. Scott Tucker

Scott Tucker Stunt Coordinator

I must admit that with the new Klipsch speakers I am becoming a fan. To my ears i notice a huge difference especially in depth of the midrange soundstage. The new speakers blow away the old ones.

Scott

13. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

Yes, the new speakers do make a huge difference. I called Goodguys where I bought my speakers, and they informed me that I had a special upgrading arrangement, so I brought in all 3 pairs of RF-3 II's, and walked out with 2 pairs of RF-35's, and a RF-7 (I just had to have it). But the RF-35's are much warmer, fuller, and richer than the RF-3 II's. The RF-7's speak for themselves.

14. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

15. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

deleted by LanceJ

16. JoeTX

JoeTX Auditioning

I hooked up the RF-35 and RC-35 towers and center channel today. My opinion is that they sound better than the RF-3s, they're not as bright, and have a more balanced sound but I still don't know if they are worth the extra money. Oh yeah, they're connected to a Pioneer 912

17. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

I am deciding whether to replace my final set of rear surround speakers (old sony's) with the RF-35's, RF-5's or the RF-7's. It seems everyone says either go with the RF-35, or the RF-7's, leaving the RF-5's in the dust. Is this really true? Does it not warrant its price? I own the RF-7's for the mains, and boy do they sound incredible. Not to mention the RF-35's as the center surrounds. So would it be best to get another pair of RF-35's to match, or the RF-5's, or even the monstrous RF-7's?

Oh, and one final question. If I did get the RF-5, would they be better placed as the center surrounds, or the rear surrounds (which are very far back, so I figure they are better there since they will be heard).