What's new

Opinions on my NEW speakers (1 Viewer)

Some of you may remember me posting a few weeks ago about my system and what its weakest link was. The responses were over whelming as far as pointing towards my bose speakers. I have since upgraded and purchased some very nice sounding Paradigm speakers. Here's what I got.

Paradigm studio 60's (I liked the fact they were floor standing)
Studio CC
PS-1000 Subwoofer(I really wanted the PW2200 but was to much cash to fork over right now)
Atoms for surrounds (because of all the glowing comments on how great these speakers are)

Overall I am very happy with the sound and it is a definate improvement over what I use to have. All speakers are V-2 and I got a great deal. I paid just around 2500 for everything. I will eventually upgrade the sub but for right now I am very satisfied.

Thanks for all the advice,

Bill

Mike Nep

Stunt Coordinator
How much did you get the PS1000 for? As a Paradigm owner, I think you could get a better sub for the money. My roommate had a PS1000 and it was slow and bloated IMO.

bruce townley

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations. The 60's must be a HUGE difference. I have had more comments from family/friends about how loud they will play without sounding "strained," and remaining clear.

Now for the bad news... the bite of the upgrade bug cannot be cured. Next will be the sub (agree w/mike) and then the surrounds....

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i have the ps1000. if i were you i would upgrade to the pw2200 asap. i hate the ps1000. hopefully im getting a pw2200 in about 4 days or so.

Mike Nep

Stunt Coordinator
Timbre matching fronts are pretty important, however you don't need to stick just to a Paradigm sub. There are plenty of subs out there that will outperform the 2200 for cheaper. I don't have one, but the enthusiasm of all the SVS owners (seems to be milliions) seems to point out that this is a very good sub.

I don't recall exactly what I paid for the PS-1000 since I purchased everything as a package deal and it was discounted. I did however like the way the PS-1000 sounded for movies but will agree that it sounds bloated and somewhat muddy when listening to music. For right now it is a definate improvement over what I use to own.

I think down the road I will get a better sub and studio 20's in the rear or the ADP's. I listened to both and thought the 20's and ADP's both sounded equally good but will probably go with the 20's due to enjoying DVD audio. I am still somewhat broke so this will be way down the road.

I am using the HK AVR525. I like the overall sound but I feel that my speakers need more power. Another future upgrade :) Any recommendations for a reasonably priced reciever or amp???

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks