What's new

Opinions On Music DVDs (1 Viewer)

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Metallica S&M DVD (Metallica with Symphony) and it has turned into one of my favorite performances out of all my CDs (more than 350 of them) and DVDs (only 6 of them). I'm very interested in finding other music DVDs that have excellent sound. I have found some DVDs from bands/performers that I really like and would like to hear from people who have seen and heard these to find out if they sound as good or better than the cd. I also like the added enjoyment of seeing the performers as well as hearing them. If anyone has any information on the ones listed please let me know.

1. Santana - Supernatural Live DVD(I love this Cd)
2. Dave Matthews - The Singles DVD
3. Gimme Shelter (Stones) DVD
4. Rush - Chronicles DVD

Also, if anyone has any other exceptional DVDs similar to this type of music, as well as classical please let me know.

Thanks

cwhite

Second Unit
I would recommend "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus" solely on the performance of The Who which literally blasts The Stones away. I know it's available as a CD and should be on DVD. It was believed this was the reason why this film stayed out of sight for so long. Now, if Mick and the boys would release "C***sucker Blues"...

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Charles. If anyone else has any input on these or other music DVDs please let me know.

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Roy Orbison "Black and White Night". By far the best DVD I've ever heard, music or otherwise. Great rock 'n roll, his band that night included Jackson Browne, Burnett, Elvis Costello, k.d. lang, Bonnie Raitt, J.D. Souther, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, and Jennifer Warnes. Perfect 5 out of 5 stars every where I see it reviewed, including over at Amazon.com

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Might want to check out Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" if you like Jazz. It has everything the hardcore HTF buff would want. Amazing DTS sound, great performance and video quality, and 16:9 support.

And I have the Metallica S&M Disk too. Awesome performance.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
You should absolutely consider getting Procol Harum Live in Copenhagen. They also have an earlier DVD - Best of Musikladen - which is (mostly) from a 1971 TV performance.
Copenhagen was filmed at a concert in 12/01.

Art C

Agent
These are some of my favorites from my collection.
All are recorded very well

Ozzie Live and loud.
Rodger Waters, In the flesh.
Deep Purple, Total Abandon Steve Moorse rocks.
Eric clapton, Live in Hyde park.
Don Henley, Live inside job
Eagles, Hell freezes over
Pink Floyd, The Wall
Jethro-Tull, Living with the past
Styx and REO Speedwagon, Arch Allies
Peter Frampton, Live in detroit
Alice Cooper, Brutally Live
AC/DC, Stiff upper lip
Journey forget the name it is at a friends house.

All have awesome sound.

ART

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Check out:

Frampton in Detroit
King Crimson Deja Vroom (some mediocre video but awesome sound) and a must for KC fans.
Moody Blues from the Royal Albert Hall (great video and sound)
Talking Heads Stop Making Sense (great all around)

There are more...

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
A lot of people like "The Who - Live at Royal Albert Hall." I bought it after reading the few threads that Jeff linked above. It is truly an awesome concert DVD. Might want to check it out.

Mike

I would highly recommend the following:

1. Joe Satriani- Live in San Francisco, just awesome.
2. G3 Live
3. Diana Krall Live in Paris
4. Eagles, Hell Freezes Over
5. Keb Mo- Sessions at West 54th

Stay away fromt the Rush Chronicles, it was really bad. I LOVE Rush, I was so mad at this DVD. But, I will watch it again with my new Adire Speakers. It may be just the speakers I had before. Another one that comes to mind is Tom Petty Playback and Dave Matthews Listener Supported, that one rocks and is LONG!!!!

Brad

itai

Stunt Coordinator
music dvd's, live concerts, is imo the new music media king! cd is so boring, only 2 ch, and dvd-a/sacd are better, but dvd kills them. just my op.
some examples:
eagles hell freezes over
elo zoom
bee gees one night only
madona world tour 2001
clapton unpluged
santana supernatural
krall - paris live
elton john one night only
steely dan two agnst ntr
roger waters in the flesh
too bad there's so litle available yet.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks