Opinions on Mits 55in Gold Wife want MORE features?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DanielKellmii, Aug 20, 2004.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Feb 5, 2004

I showed my wife the Mits 55inch silver series TV ($1298) and thought that would be an acceptable compromise between my wifes wishes and my own. She turns around and point to the Gold Plus series ($1798) and says she wants something with a built in HDTV tuner. "One less thing to cluter up our house."
    Then I showed here the 65 inch and just got a dirty look. I had to try.

Anybody out there have any opinions on that particular TV?
    Yes, I know that it is last years model, but so what? I will be able to recieve over the air HDTV broadcasts. I just won't pay for HD cable now because I get standard cable with my subdivision already. Any calibrators out there have anything to say? Yes, eventually I will get somebody to callibrate it.
  2. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Sep 26, 1999
    I bought the set below that(Silver Plus) and love it. I didn't find the extra features in the 613 warranted the extra cost. It has firewire but I don't have a DVHS player or a Camcorder with Firewire. $1798 is a great price on the Gold Plus. I paid $1699 for my Silver Plus.

Couple of things:
    1. Lower the red down when you get it.
    2. Take off the screen protector if you can. HUGE difference.
    3. Turn off VSM
    4. do a convergence then do it again about 3-4 days later(it will drift early on). Mine hasn't drifted from the 2nd convergence I did. That was about 5 months ago.