What's new

Opinions on Mirage OM-60 and OM-260's ? (1 Viewer)

george_k

Agent
Does anybody here own a pair of Mirage OMNI-60's or OMNI-260's? How are they comparable to other speakers say B&W DM602 or DM603?

*EDIT* I wrote the wrong speakers in the thread's title.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
There are some reviews over at ecoustics.com and also audiovideoreviews.com under the loudspeakers section. Also, a review in the latest SGHT.

I use the 60's for surrounds/rears in a 7.1 setup. I like them a lot. The omnipolar radiation pattern adds enough diffuseness to reduce localization as a problem, but the imaging doesn't suffer that much for multichannel music listening either.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I have 50s and 250s. I've listened, quite a bit, to the 60s and 260s. I preferred the 260s to the B&W DM603.

Incidentally, I was down to choosing between Mirage OM7s and B&W CDM 9NT. I went with the mirages. The omni polar and clearer mids decided it for me.

My vote goes for the Mirage.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I wouldn't say one had a better lower end than the other. I didn't really notice enough of a difference for it to be a factor. The B&Ws had a tighter low end, but I think that's more of a comparison between direct and omni-polar design.

Like I said, the real difference was the mid range and the omni polar sound.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Some Pro-group Mirage dealers have the 60's at $299 a pair (halfprice) while the deal lasts.....

Lee M T

Second Unit
Yeah, I got my Mirage Omni 60's for $299 a pair from Tweeter. The deal ended December 1st though. One hell of a deal. It's going to take a week or so before mine come in. They were sold out, of course. I was sure hoping Tweeter would have had the whole line for half-off. I would definately have tossed the Omni 250's into my room for $400. No question. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks