What's new

Opinions on Marantz MM9000? (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
My local dealer is selling a demo Marantz MM9000 amp for $850, which he'll discount even further once we get to talking price--maybe $750 or so. Anybody have any experience with this amp or know anything about it? Is the 150w x 5 power rating correct or is it overrated power-wise? How would it match up with Paradigm Monitor 9s? Oh, and I'm eventually going to upgrade to the Paradigm Studio line, probably Studio 80s. I'm looking to provide cleaner power to my speakers compared to the Marantz SR7000 receiver (100wpc) I'm using now, especially for 2-channel music. Supposedly the 100wpc rating is a bit optimistic. Do you think I would hear a noticable difference? And yes, I've scheduled a listening session for this weekend. Just wanted to get some input beforehand. Any insight would be appreciated.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I'm using an MM9000 in my system. It replaced the internal amps of my Yamaha 2092 receiver. I immediately noticed more dynamic range and clarity when upgrading. I would say that the price they are quoting you is fair, and the amp is definately worth an audition.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Sorry, forgot to mention. I think that the 150wpc rating is accurate IMO. I've had mine running hard during some demos and it's clean and LOUD (too loud for any sustained time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks