What's new

Opinions on Krell vs Sunfire (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I know that both of these are pretty much in different leagues, but... I have decided to basically redo my hometheater from scratch, keeping the dunlavy's and my SVS. Everything esle Im replacing. Its going to take a while. But I want to do it right this time!

What I first need to do is save up for a PRE/PRO. Now because of my speakers I want to do it right. Heres my dilemma... I would be able to build a sunfire Pre/Pro and amp system much faster than a krell system. But would the krell be that much more worth it?

From what I remember from working at soundtrack... we had a sunfire system and a krell stack side by side with the same speakers. And from memory I acctually remember liking the sunfire sound better.

So I just wanted a couple opinions. My worrys are that the dunlavy's are SO trasparent it will bring out any flaws. Well thanks again.

mackie

Supporting Actor
In a review a few months ago, Sound and Vision compared an Anthem, Parasound Halo, and a Krell pre-pro. The Anthem had the best test results and cost less than the others.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Really? Interesting. Anyone have a link to that. Well I will do some research on anthem... thanks.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jesse

The bargain your wife got on the Dunlavy's is going to end up costing you a bundle.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
BTW..... Im thinking sunfire is going to be better for me. I guess I didnt look to hard at the anthem though. Now to be honest sometimes I can be hard to convince of anything thats not name brand. Trust me, ask ron, and if anyone else remembers about my SVS. It took a while to convince me and it was worth it. BTW Thanks. So if anyone has any other recommendations please put them in here. I am willing to buy used... and I would like to stay around $3000 or less for pre/pro and amp.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
What about the new Outlaw 990? Is Outlaw enough of a brand name? Apparently it is a good value at $1099. And perhaps by the time you have the money, Outlaw will have a multichannel amp with balanced inputs to take advantage of the 990's balanced outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks