Opinions on Klipsch Synergy System 6?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Duda, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Joe Duda

Joe Duda Auditioning

I am considering them for a medium to large sized room. They were the top rated home theater speaker system on cnet.com for under $1000.00 if that means anything. Any suggested alternatives for a similar price would be greatly appreciated!

2. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

For the price, get RF3's for a 2ch until you can afford matching centers and surrounds.

Anyways, system 6 is still pretty good!

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The KSW10 is a pretty pathetic sub. I wouldn't even consider it. The SB1 monitors and SC1 center are not bad. I have the SC1 and KSB1.1 monitors. I enjoy them quite a bit for home theater, but they start to give me a headache with music after listening at moderately high levels (between 80 and 90 dB measured with a C weighting) for more than 3/4 of an hour.

JBL Studio Series speakers (S-Center and two pairs of S26 bookshelves) with an Adire Rava ($399USD) sub would come in at just a little bit over $1000USD.

HomeTheaterDirect level 3 main speakers (two pairs) their center and a Rava would come in under $1000USD. For just a bit over $1100USD with these you could get an SVS 25-31PCi ($549USD).

$1100USD could also get you five Axiom M3 bookshelves and a Rava.

If you are going to be mainly movies, I don't think you'll regret the SB1 and SC1. If you are going to do a reasonable amount of music listen, I'd suggest trying something else. Either way drop the KSW10 sub.

Also, if you can DIY on the sub I strongly suggest you head to the DIY/Advanced section to learn more. You could build a sub for $300USD that will compete quite well with the SVS.

4. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

Regal cinemas use Klipsch in all their theaters, so ,yes for movies they are very dynamic..

Hard Rock cafe's use them in all their places too....

that system will give a lot of bang for the buck,

just use a smooth rcvr.......

5. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

The KSW-10 is "pathetic", hardly, I own it and I must say, I'm impressed with it being a 10" sub, being compact, and only have 55 watts rms. It's bigger brother, the KSW-12, is a very good 12" sub for the money.

I also own a set conisting of RF-3's, RC-3, and RB-3's, and they are wonderful speakers. They take next to no power to be loud since they have such a high sensitivity. Listen to them first, regardless of which Klipsch's you go with, cuz not everyone likes the sound of a Compression Horn Tweeter.

6. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Yes the refrence series Klipsch is VERY good! However, the KSW10 isn't!! lol, I couldn't even here it over RF3's! At least your happy with it. You wanna get a good 10 incher? RSW10's are good. V.HGS10. CARVER NIGHTSHADOW! Smaller, but sub bass from a little cube. 25HZ!! 1000W Carver amp! FUN FUN

--

Klipsch speakers are very good. SB1's do not use a very good tweeter. The rest of the synergy line uses a diffrent, better tweeter. SB2's are GOOD. Great fo most people.

As for JBL, I don't find the stuff sold at places like CC and future shop good at all.

KLIPSCH is a good way to go.

7. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I spent $1006 and got the following........with a deal

(klipsch)

SF-2(mains)

SC-1(center)

SB-1(rears)

The mains are very nice for a bang for the buck speaker.Standing around 3'tall,dual 6 1/2 drivers and a nice horn tweeter.I also added an svs 25-31cs for the low end.THe sf-2 did well on their own,in fact,I had about 2 weeks until the svs arrived and I considered cancelling the order....then it came and there was no returning in my mind.

The sb-1,which is what I believe are the mains for the synergy 6 are pretty nice.I use them for my surrounds and I could not be happier.Eventually,I would like to put them in the rear with a pair of ss-.5 or ss-1 for the sides,but that will require a reciever up grade...I am currently using an onkyo txds-575 and they work well with it

Good luck and enjoy

8. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The best budget 10" sub is the VTF2 at $400-$450. Price Scan has two places listing the KSW10 at $350 and $399. It won't be remotely close to the VTF2.
    I compared a PDR10 to the KSW10 when I made my initial purchase. The PDR10 was an easy choice for me over the KSW10.
    Next to the Tempest I have now, well that's not even remotely fair [​IMG]
    You're gonna be in for one hell of a treat when you finish the Shiva Cam. That will be a huge step up from a KSW10 [​IMG]
    I wish I had Klipsch Reference instead of my Synergy monitors, but eventually I'll get some Adire Kit281 speakers built with the new center Adire has coming out.
    Now I kinda hope you get out to Stoon before you finish your Shiva, would be fun to watch your face when you heard my Tempest :p) Won't be nearly as much fun after you've heard a Shiva [​IMG]

9. prashanth_sharma

a vastly better solution....

Ascend Acoustics CBM170 5.1 system with the HSU VTF2 sub.

Costs $ 1100

i've had it for a year and its awsome.

another solution

the diva 4.1 tower series sourround package form av123.com

cost $1100.

u can add a subwoofer later when u can afford it.

prashanth