What's new

Opinions on Infinity Entra Speakers (1 Viewer)

Tim - W

Grip
Crutchfield has these speakers for sale for $499 on-line. They regularly sold for $899. Seems like a pretty good deal, but I was curious if anyone has had them or heard them and what they think.

I recently bought these for the same price. I am fairly new to home theater but Im learning at a steady pace. My first system was acquired about 2 yrs ago. I read a review in Consumer Reports on a Kenwood system that ranked first out of 3 or 4 HTIB's. It was a $500 system similar to the HTB-506 system that crutchfield sells minus the sixth channel and 50w to the sub. They ranked it above the Onyko which had a $900 price tag and said it was comparable to the $1700 Bose system they had tested before. I read more favoreable things about it on the internet so decided it would probably make a good first HT system for me to get my feet wet. It was quite good for the price and Ive enjoyed it the past 2 yrs. I wasnt planning on an upgrade yet but when I saw that deal I said why not! Im in the middle of getting a new oak entertainment center and then Ill be calibrating the system properly. I can tell you just by some minor tweaking Ive gotten better sound from these speakers. Im very happy with them and expect Ill be upgrading video eq. well before I think about new speakers!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
We sold those at soundtrack. For the price they are a very nice speaker. Even the little package system, sounds good. We now sell the new primus system and I think it sounds great.

Tim - W

Grip
Thanks Jesse, it sounds like a pretty good deal for $499 on closeout. It appears to be the best deal by far in that price range, but as always I wanted to get an opinion.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I went with Infinty Entra's off Ebay. Bought them from harman audio through Ebay. Got the Entra 2 center, the Entra one bookshelfs for fronts and the .5's for rears and am very happy. Especially for under $400 shipped. Added a DIY ported Titanic that cost me about $250 to make at most and it Rawks for HT. They are getting better the longer I use them. Just my $.02. Later.

Jason

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
I've got an Entra One center, and the floorstanding Entras in the front.

IMHO, they sound a bit harsh through the mids - They rock for home theater, but I can't listen to a lot of jazz with 'em - just grates on me. FWIW, they're wired with 10 gauge, and the amp is a Denon 1803.

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
I looked at these when I was shopping for my HT. I think they have a great sound for HT and you can't beat the current prices (new and refurbished). We spent a lot more and went with Boston Acoustics because my wife wanted a stronger music system.

Kevin Parker

Stunt Coordinator
I had entra one bookshelves, in my opinion they are little harsh and bright, I upgraded to interlude line and cant be more happy, You can find lotta great deals on interlude line on ebay, I would suggest to go with interlude line instead of entra if you can.

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
I currently use Entra Two floorstanding for the fronts,Entra one bookshelves for the rear,Entra Center & Entra sub...