What's new

Opinions on HT @ audio hardware (1 Viewer)

Jim Brantner

Auditioning
First I would like to thank everyone on the forum who's posts I've been gathering information from for the past three weeks.I'm getting ready to purchase the hardware for my system that's going into a newly remodeled 16 x 19 room in my house. Toshiba 50HX81 TV---Toshiba DST3000 digital receiver---Toshiba SD5700 DVD---Denon AVR3802 receiver. Comments so far? Infinity Interlude 60's for the mains, 40's for the rear surrounds,25's for the front @ rear centers,100 for the sub.Comments----Good,bad,ugly. Also recommendations on cables,Wickedcables,Bettercables? Any input is appreciated. Jim

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
gear looks fairly solid. Speakers are personal choices based on what you like so its hard to recomend one vs another. As far as cables go I run a mixture of Acoustic Research for the lesser priority runs and for those more importants runs I use cables from Link Removed. I really like the silvercats but catcables also makes some more budget minded cables.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jim, welcome to the Forum. As Andrew said, speakers, like anything in this hobby, are a personal choice. That said, I think you can do better for the money than the Infinity speakers. Have you looked at speakers by B&W, Paradigm, Energy, NHT, PSB, for example? Those are just a few good brands to consider. I'm sure others will have suggestions in this area too.

Regarding cables, I use speaker cables by BetterCables and have been very happy with them. However, they are in the midst of replacing the cable I use with two new cables, so I really can't make a recommendation now. I'm sure their new speaker cables will be very good as Brad at BetterCables has a very good reputation in the industry. BetterCables' customer service is very good as well. I have not tried any of their other products, though I am intrigued by their Silver Serpent RCA interconnnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks