Opinions on Elite VSX-36TX processing quality

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Ballew, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

Feb 21, 2002
    I have the opportunity to purchase a Pioneer Elite receiver, model VSX-36TX, at an excellent price. I would be using it as a pre-pro, I don't need the amps.

I also have an NAD T751 on order that I am going to try as pre-pro as well. I have had bad luck with the two pre/pros I have owned so far. ( Adcom GTP-760- terribly noisy, audio dropouts, shrill noises, pops and cracks, Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080- ergonomically too raw, audio dropouts, slight hum)

I am also looking at puchasing a Marantz AV9000 pre/pro, and I on the waiting list for the Outlaw 950, but who knows when the call will come for that.

On a scale of one to ten how would you rate the processing and pre-out quality of each of these options? Consider 5 as your "average" receiver with pre-outs thrown in as a me to option, and 10 being a fairly high end pre/pro, like B&K, Lexicon, etc.

Andrew Ballew
  2. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Mar 16, 2002
    I owned the 36tx for about a month then I upgraded to the 49tx. The 36tx is an excellent processor no comparison with the 49tx but it will hold its own amoung the same priced units especially if you are going to use it as a pre pro.
    Good luck Bob[​IMG]