Opinions on DTR-7.2 and speakers to go with it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Korey McAlpin, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Korey McAlpin

Hi,
    I lurk these forums getting all kindsa info from you guys.
    I plan on upgrading from my current system which is a Pioneer VSX 508 and I was wondering what are everyones opions on the DTR recievers and the DVD players?
    Also what are some good speakers to match it.
    Thank you in advance.

2. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

I love my DTR 7.2. Menu and features are very easy to work with. Then again, I had a similar receiver before it which was a 787. While the highs on my Monitor 7s sounds better than before, it could be improved. (I believe my mains are more to blame than the 7.2.) The bass, however, is a different story. It's a definite improvement. I now prefer bypassing the sub when listening to music. Before, I left it active with the 787. The back-lit remote is great, like my old 787. One day, I'll program it to control all my components. DPLII and upgradeable feature is also a big plus.
    I've only listened to the Reference 100s in store and my own Monitor 7s at home. You might or might not like the combos I mentioned. I suggest you listen for yourself.

3. Korey McAlpin

Thanx for the reply and it looks like im getting the reciever in a month or so,but one more question is 1200 a good price for the DTR 7.2