What's new

Opinions on Boston PV1000 subwoofer. (1 Viewer)

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
saw this sub today and was amazed by it's performance. size is small, almost the same as the velodyne spl1200. any opinion or comparison with other subs?

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
for that price you could get yourself an SVS Ultra-CS, which would undoubtably blow it away. have you considered SVS at all? there's a reason everyone in here (myself included) loves them... :)
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
actually im from the Philippines. im really impressed on all the reviews people gave for svs but ordering an svs16-46pc for example will cost about $1,300 or more (i expect problems w/ customs people). this is almost the same price for the paradigm servo15 here. i'm also considering paradigm pw2200 but it cost about $950. just getting more choices before i take the plunge.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
As the happy owner of a PV-1000, the only advantage I feel it has over the high-end SVS units, and it's the reason I bought mine ... furniture style. My current HT is also my living room and the cherry cabinet (and the VR-M50's matching cherry) really does look great! And the duel drivers really sounds great! :)
------------------
pat----
email: [email protected] ---===--- Finally! A home page ... Grumpy's Lair

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, thanks for the response. how about it's performance on 25hz and below? i don't expect this sub to match those of the svs and velodyne 18's but do they really go down to 20hz?(meaning usable output, something that can still rattle the room)

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Ariel,
It's been a while since I rean the Avia tests, but I seem to recall being able to "feel" it a lot lower than I could hear it. The dual drivers certainly make the room shake when the source is right. :)
------------------
pat----
email: [email protected] ---===--- Finally! A home page ... Grumpy's Lair

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
also, we're men so we often don't consider it but, many people need it to look "right" or not to obtrusive (or both) in the room...so it's not always what constitutes "best" performance,but what constitutes it given size or decor requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks