Opinions on Antem AVM20 paired with Outlaw 750 amp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_Roy, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Kevin_Roy

Kevin_Roy Extra

Need opinions on the subject listed. Thinking of getting an AVM20. I already have the Outlaw 750 which I'm using with a denon AVR4802. I want to move completely to separates. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Kevin,

I can't comment on the sonic capabilites of the Outlaw piece you are referring to in your post because I've never listened to an Outlaw component.

I've heard positive comments about their product line cost/performance with the exception of their pre-pro, which had/has some quality issues. However, I am sure they will straighten that problem out. I can only write from my research on the boards and not from personal experience with the Outlaw brand.

I am using the AVM-20 with a Sherbourn and a Modial Aragon 8002 and the output is excellent. My best guess would be that the Outlaw/Anthem would blend very well together as the AVM-20 is a flexible piece IMHO.

The best way I can describe the Anthem is smooth, natural, transparent, and not fatiquing at all with the combination of the amps I have noted above and Paradigm Studio series.

The Studio's seemed a bit "bright" at times when I was using the Sherbourn/Modial amps and a Sony receiver as a pre-pro. Adding the Anthem to my combination of components was like a bottle of fine wine with a special dinner.

There are other manufacturers in this price range so I'd suggest you ask lots of questions and solicit other opinions. It's best to audition if you can do so.

Hope this helps.

3. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

as far as the level of components, I get teh impression that the AVM is BETTER than their own matched amp, and that would be event better than the outlaw. I am sure it will work fine, but IMHO, the AVM is a class or 2 abovet eh outlaw.

4. John.Meer

John.Meer Agent

I have an AVM20/750 combo and have no complaints.