What's new

Opinions on a Hitachi 53udx10b (1 Viewer)

EdReed

Auditioning
Having beat to death the 16:9 vs 4:3 quandry, I've decided on the latter. I'm looking at the above Hitachi and want to make the move. Any comments would be appreciated.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
There is one in our store. Looks pretty good but has burn in from the High Def signal being sent to it in widescreen.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Store sets are usually left in full torch mode, wouldn't worry much about this if you use AVIA and a mix of veiwing. I had a 4/3 analog Hitachi and watched lotsa letterboxed movies on it for 2 years with no sign of burn in.

That particular model Hitachi is one of the best choices around in a 4/3 model.
Others to consider would be Toshiba and Sony HS-30, but you won't go wrong with the Hitachi. They do about the best job with regular 4/3 ntsc of any HD-ready set--good line doubler. If you value their opinion, Consumer Reports rated that Hitachi tops for ntsc performance.

They offer the option of putting gray bars above and below the HD image instead of black to minimize burn in, but when you do so the gray bars use scanlines so the 16/9 image is about 810 lines instead of 1080.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Ed

The Hitachi 53UXD10 is a stand-out performer. Top rated by Consumer Reports in picture quality and Hitachi was the most reliable brand. All the HD ready sets had a fine picture with HD material. Of the 4:3 sets, only the 53UDX10 stood out with standard definition material: cable, satellite. If you want one you may need to move fast.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks