What's new

Opinions on 42-47" Tabletop 4:3 RPTV's (1 Viewer)

glenn.arsenault

Stunt Coordinator
As a temporary step, I am considering purchasing a 42-47" Tabletop 4:3 RPTV. Currently, cable in my area does not offer HDTV progamming and the weather discounts the ability to install a DirectTV dish and outside antenna for OTA broadcasts. So, in lieu of commiting serious cash to a 65" Wide Screen now, I am considering 4:3 tabletop models that can be moved to a secondary room, when we have the capability to receive a decent signal worthwhile of a large 16:9 set.

Any opinions on current and economical 42-47" Tabletop 4:3 RPTV's?
Thanks
Glenn

Ottis Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I got this TV www.tinyurl.com/5tb7 for $1600. Its wide screen and high definition. I know you said you didnt want all of that, but if your going to spend that much on a standard set might as well go with this one. With the wide zoom feature, 4X3 material looks good, there are other zoom/stretch modes you might prefer, but with many shows being broadcast with letter boxing it only shows the picture not the letter boxing.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Take a look at the Toshiba 43H72. Hitachi might also have a current competing model although I'm not sure. Make sure it's this year's model though.

If price is the only reason you're sticking w/ a 4x3, then you might want to consider a few inexpensive 16x9's also. For example, you should be able to get a Panny 47wx42 w/ your budget or maybe a Tosh 42H82. The latter would be preferable if you do need something small. Of course, these 16x9's are not tabletop TVs.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks