Opinions of the picture quality of the Volcano DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Apr 18, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I've only seen this movie on TV before buying the DVD recently. I thought it looked a hundred times better on the DVD, plus the fact it's in widescreen. There may not be much extras, but I don't think you can go wrong for getting this DVD for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart. Not all Wal-Marts may have it for 10 bucks, or have it at all, but that's where I got mine.

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Its pretty good for a letterbox widescreen transfer. The Dolby Digital soundtrack is also a good way to wake up the neighbors. But don't expect to buy this for supplements, it only has a trailer and cast biographies.

3. ShawnCoghill

ShawnCoghill Stunt Coordinator

you mean the Horrible Tommy Lee Jones Movie which was shown up at the box office by Dante's Peak,which wasnt that good but was far better than Volcano, Seriously That was one of the worst movies in years. So how could the dvd be worth anything? For all I care They could take it and stick it into the dreaded P&S and only let China put it out.

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I happen to like the movie, so sue me. I like Dante's Peak too. Volcano may be corny and cheesy, but it can't compare to Armegeddon and Pearl Harbor in that category. Anyways, I thought it was worth the 10 bucks, and thought the picture quality is good. Better than the way I saw it on TV, and probably better VHS, though I never saw it on VHS.