What's new

opinions of sunfire true sub signature? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Let me first qualify by saying the more I read about SVS, the more I am leaning towards the PB2-ISD, but having said that, I must admit that before I ever heard about SVS, I was really interested in the sunfire line of subs... I try not to fall for the marketing hype around audio components, but I have heard and held the sunfire subs before and it's amazing what such a tiny little package can do... These things are built like tanks and the power ratings on them are absolutely sick (2700 watts)... Now there's a sunfire true sub signature on sale... I'd have a hard time justifying the $1300 asking price for this sub, but it does retail for $1999... Anyhow, just thought I'd get some of your opinions this sub???

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
im hardly ever one to bash a sub, but that thing is awful in my opinion... its small, and thats all it has going for it. if you use it for JUST HT, its OK. if there is any music use, its awful.

once again, just my opinion (i was a salesman at a store that sold them). i sold one once and it was the last. i went to install it in the field and couldnt believe what i had done. i almost lost sleep that night i felt so bad for this guy!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Read back a few pages, there were some threads about SVS and sunfire subs a little while back. If you've got the space, hands down go for SVS.

It needs this ridiculous amount of power because it's so heavily EQed, a function of making it so small. More efficient (but huge SVS-like) designs don't need this, which is why power can be misleading unless you look at the whole package. There are great medium-sized subs out there with oodles of power due to servos, eq, etc, but IMO sunfire isn't one of them.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Who cares about the size/output ratio unless you are in a Hong Kong apartment.

If you have the room, bigger IS better.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
If you "don't care for marketing hype" then skip the Sunfire. SVS offers real bass at real world prices.It's the truth,not marketing.;)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
thanks so much guys... now I wish some of the auditions i requested from audioenvy would respond... so I can experience these SVS subs firsthand, otherwise, i'll have to wait till it's on my doorstep. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks