Opinions of JBL E30's For Front & Rears?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Mike_Mc, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Mike_Mc

Mike_Mc Extra

I am looking to get the most bang for my bucks. Here is what I am considering:

E30's as front and rears (note: I would prefer the 50's, but they will not fit in my entertainment center)

EC 35 for the center
    E250P sub

I would drive these with a Yammie HTR 5760

What do you think? Thanks for your help!

PS--room size is 16 X 18 and music/HT split 50/50.

2. Brad_See

Brad_See Stunt Coordinator

I think soundwise and bang-for-buck it would be a fantastic setup. How are you going to setup the rears? Are you planning on putting them on shelves? I'm asking because the E30 is physically pretty deep from front to back so you gotta have substantial shelf space to put it on and it would be hard to wall mount. I'm loving my E30's. I have those in the fronts and the E10's in the back. It sounds fantastic.

Where are you ordering from? If you don't already know www.bhphotovideo.com and www.jr.com are both authorized dealers that have awesome prices with free shipping. JR only has them in black but BH Photo video has them in black, beech and cherry. Both of those places are about half the price of Best Buy.

brad cook

3. Fred_Krampits

Fred_Krampits Stunt Coordinator

Mike:

Since you are looking at a 50/50 split between movies and music, you may want to consider bigger towers for the front.

E60s, E80s, E90s or the big ones E100s are all available at a great price at those online dealers (free shipping) that Brad just mentioned. If you really want bookshelfs consider the E50s.

I just find some music sounds better in stereo. [​IMG]

4. Brad_See

He said he can't get the 50's because they won't fit in his entertainment center. I'm assuming there's a WAF at work here.

Mike_Mc - Is there no where else you could put them besides in the entertainment center?

brad cook

5. Fred_Krampits

Fred_Krampits Stunt Coordinator

Brad:

A sign of getting old is when you read that part about the E50s and 5 seconds later when you're posting a response, it's already left the brain cells.

WAF..... Thank God I'm single! [​IMG]

6. Mike_Mc

Mike_Mc Extra

Yes, WAF is at work here.

I do have the depth in the entertainment center for the 30's.

I had been leaning toward the Rocket ELT, but at the current prices on JBL's, I have to consider them.

I will also be buying the Yammie at the same time. Wonder if JR will give another discount for a package deal?

Thanks for your help!
    Mike

7. Brad_See

Mike what about the rears? Are you putting them on shelves or what?

Fred,

I'm happily married but luckily my wife is pretty open to whatever I want to do as long as the speakers themselves look nice and I don't have wires running everywhere. That's good for me though because otherwise I wouldn't have been motivated to run my wires for the E10's in the rear through the walls. She also didn't blink when I sold my 2 month old center channel to buy a more expensive one. That's always nice when you don't have to justify.

brad cook

8. Mike_Mc

Mike_Mc Extra

Brad, the rears will go on top of existing end tables. Maybe not the best location, but WAF again.

I have contemplated getting the 50's and putting them on top of the entertainment center--but WAF will likely kill that.

I am going to BB in a few minutes to see if they have them (audition only--will buy off the net).

Thanks for all the help.
    Mike