What's new

Opinions of Denon 910 DVD player (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Can any owners of the Denon 910 DVD player please share your opinion of it? It got a pretty good review at Hometheaterhifi.com score of 85. Thanks.

MichaelOD

Stunt Coordinator
Its a pretty basic player. Not too bad picture quality - but its build quality and feature set are incredibly lacking.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Despite the lower rating, the 2200 is a much better player. What display? The early 910s had problems with Sony TVs, not sure if they still do, but I had to return mine because it flickered all the time in progressive.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
^^ You can do better. Much better.

Why not go on Ebay and get one of those much ballyhooed Panasonic players like the RP-82, the Xp-30 or whatever the heck's it called? You know, the Panny units everyone's always praising to the 4 winds?

Or, you could wait for the new Panny s97. IF it lives up its pedigree, this might really be a hot number under the $300 price tag.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
If you know what you're looking for, go to a good seller, and know in advance what fair price ranges are, you'll be just fine. :)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I've got a 910, got it refurbed as a temporary player until I upgrade to something with SACD and DVD-A. I don't have any complaints so far, I've had it for about 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks