What's new

Opinions Needed (1 Viewer)

Chris KAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Athena F2's as my fronts, Athena Center Channel, old bose cube speakers for my satellites. HK 230 Receiever. This is my first surround sound setup that I have ever done.

I will be in an apartment and since most people don't like cables running all over the place I was wondering if it was okay to have my wires going from my satellites go under the couch, under the rug (on top of the carpet) and then behind the TV. I know it wouldn't be good to step on them, but I am not an audiophile. My guess is that they might wear in time, but for awhile they should be okay. I feel this would benfit me most in my apartment.

Is this a horrible idea?

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
What a lot of people end up doing to hide the wires is put them under the trim. So the wires would be between the carpet and the trim. I have used a butter knife to kind of push them between the carpet and trim. There is quite a bit of room there. Do your bose speakers take normal speaker wire or are they using the special bose wire. If it is normal speaker wire, make sure you get a good thick gage wire from like Home Depot. The longer the run the thicker you want the wire to be. You should be ok running wire like that. You will really enjoy the surround sound.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks