What's new

Opinions Needed: Should I trade in Yamaha RX-V2095 for Denon AVR-3802? (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hello,

I am a new user and I am looking for some opinions from others here on whether or not I should trade in my Yamaha RX-V2095 for the Denon AVR-3802. I love my Yamaha, but it doesn't have Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES or Pro-Logic II capabilities and I would really like a receiver that has these formats. The Denon has the Widescreen 7.1 mode which I would really like to try as I am planning on adding 2 rear center speakers to my set-up. I've heard nothing but great reviews about the Denon so I'm almost positive I wouldn't be any less happy with it than my Yamaha, but I just thought I'd see what others here had to say. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent

Gary Kellerman

Stunt Coordinator
I would see what an outfit would offer you in trade for the 2095 as against what you paid for it. Even though this unit lacks the new features that the Denon offers, if the trade is going to be in peanuts for your 2095, I would keep it as a spare or 2nd system receiver whether it is used for surround or two channel stereo. Perhaps you have some friend or acquaintance that might be interested in your 2095. You might get more money that way if you sold it privately. I do not own this unit, but my brother does. The 2095's specs, bass boost feature, low distortion 5 channel power amp section and superb D.D. and DTS processing makes this a formidable piece of recent "vintage" equipment.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the response. I guess I should have used the word "replace" instead of trade-in as I have no intentions of trading my 2095 into a dealer. I have a friend that is interested in buying it from me if I decide to go with the Denon. I love the Yamaha and it has performed flawlessly in my system, but what I'm really trying to find out is if I should replace it with the Denon AVR-3802. I can get one for a really good price and it has all of the features I want in a new receiver. I just need to know if it's as good or better than my current Yamaha. If anyone can help me with this question, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brent

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Brent,if you are a big fan of Yamaha,why don't you check out the new 2200.I believe it has all of the features you are looking for.That way you get what you want both ways.Just my $3.2 cents Canadian.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
i looked at both the 3802 and the yamaha rx-v2200 extensively. i always owned and loved yamaha so i figured why stop a good thing. the 2200 is a great unit and in my opinion sounds much more dynamic than the denon. i second staying with yamaha since you had such good luck with it and look at the 2200. yamaha quality is also second to none. good luck.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
3802/3200/898/DA5ES are great rcvrs. You won't be dissappointed with any of these.I have a 3802 but have looked at all the above. It was a tough decision that Steve at 6th ave helped me with when he gave me a great price on the 3802.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks