Opinions needed on HTD Level 3 and Onkyo 595

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Sharp, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Chris Sharp

Chris Sharp Agent

Dec 25, 2001

I am just beginning to get ideas for my HT setup. I have pretty much decided on the Onkyo 595 receiver. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the HTD level 3 surround speakers. I am still undecided on whether to get the towers or the bookshelves. I am considering the HTD's with the Sony SA-WM40 sub since I have heard the HTD sub leaves much to be desired. Also, if anyone has other suggestions or experiences with their Onkyo 595 I would like to hear them. I am looking to spend $1000 or less on the whole 5.1 speaker setup.

2. Jeff_E

Jeff_E Extra

Feb 14, 2002
    I have had the HTD level 3 set up w/ HTD sub for almost a year now. I did not get the towers, just the bookshelve speakers. I love the entire setup, including the sub. When watching Saving Private Ryan the bass shakes the house.

I have listened to the new Aaron Neville DVD Audio disc and it sounds amazing. The center channel is extremely chrisp. Also have the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DTS cd and it also sounds amazing.

Also check out the Apherion Audio 5.1 set up. My brother got those and loves them as well.