What's new

Opinions b4 i purchase Sony TV (1 Viewer)

wilfred_chan

Auditioning
Hey guys i need advise on this tv im planning to buy, in a few weeks i'll be buying a new set up for my new place im thinking of getting the SONY KDF-60XBR950 i need feed backs about it godo and bad thing about it, or if u can recommend another type of tv aslong its sony and NOT a PLASMA.

Second would be the receiver what do u guys think of the str-da 3100 es series? good and bad opinions

Third would be what speakers can i get that is 7.1 under 500 bucks

Advance thank to all who would reply

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Wilfred,

that's a good tv but it's somewhat outdated by some of
Sony's newer and less expensive sets, specifically the XS series. I'd spend less on the tv and get the XS model and definitely more on the speakers. You are not gonna find a decent 7.1 speaker setup for under $500.

That Sony ES receiver is also ok, but again there are cheaper models from other mfgs that will work just as well.
A Pioneer 1015 would probably work just fine for you for about half the price of that Sony.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Check out the Onkyo 770 system for your sound duties, it more than satisfies most owners. and is a complete package including a fairly respectable subwoofer even.

As said about the display, but maybe you are getting a screaming deal on it, if so, go for it.

The Sony sound stuff in that price range doesn't really cut it for many people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks