Opinions about Philips DVD763SA/budget SACD players

Discussion in 'Music' started by JimBarrese, Nov 28, 2003.

1. JimBarrese

JimBarrese Stunt Coordinator

I want to get into SACD but can't afford much for a player. This one appears to be the least expensive I've seen and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about it or any other budget SACD players?

I know this isn't the right forum, but I'm getting no replies in the AV sources forum.

2. Pete K

Pete K Agent

I just got a Sony combi CD/DVD/SACD player from one call
    mainly because the updated Philips model I tried ordering was only coming soon--that turned out to be April 04--I'll be long into an Iraq tour by then.

The price was the same as the Philips. A Dylan SACD sampler was thrown it; it sounds excellent through my Klipsch speakers and new Kenwood 9070 receiver.

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jim, maybe few on this forum have one? I suspect so. Philips doesn't have much of a U.S. dealer network these days. I haven't seen a Philips' player in the flesh myself.

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I dont know about the one you are asking about buit I highly recommend the Pioneer Dv563a. It can be had for about $175 at Circut City or Best Buy. It has DVD-A, SACD, and of course DVD Video.

Check it out at Pioneers website. Link wont copy over for me for some reason.