What's new

Opinions about my domain names I just registered. (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
So I just registered:

hddvdinfo.com
hddvdinfo.net
hd-dvdinfo.com
hd-dvdinfo.net

What do you guys think these are worth now and possibly in the future?

I will be developing an hd-dvd site and think these names are a good start.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'd guess they're worth about $14 / yr right now... Are people still trading in domain names for profit?

I know a person who knows the person who originally registered "business.com". He was offered one million dollars for it a few years ago. He declined, deciding to build it up himself. He chose not to sell it. Now the domain name is worth far less than that million bucks he could have had.

Enjoy your domain names, but don't expect to make big bucks from them. If a large company really wanted them, I'd expect them to sue you for them, claiming some sort of name infringement.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I prefer cedmagic.com and cedcentral.com :D
Hey- you can buy the domain Betamax.com for only $1400!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Be aware, if the term "HD-DVD" is ever trademarked, the trademark owner can sue you for cybersquatting and force you to turn over the domains.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

yes, you see them listen on ebay once in awhile, and if I'm not mistaken there are domain sales sites around the net.

Dunno if those will ever be worth anything

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
A lot will depend on what they eventually decide to name the format as well. I agree that if the term is trademarked, you will probably have to forfeit the domains.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
If you're just hanging onto the names just to hang on to them, I doubt you'll get anything.

My suggestion is to stick with one, probably hddvdinfo.com and develop it. If you turn it into a decent site you'll have far better luck than just keeping a bunch of domain names around unused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola92
Recent bookmarks