Opinions about Denon 3802 + Boston Acoustics?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jonathan rubin, May 29, 2002.

1. jonathan rubin

Any opinions about this combo for 2-channel audio & home theater purposes?

2. Holger

Holger Stunt Coordinator

hi jonathan,

this combo is a pretty good one. since the 3802 tends to sound more on the smooth side and the bostons can get a little aggressive sometimes, it makes together a pretty good flat line. for hometheater and music i would recommend the powered vr series. in our demo room i use vr975 for the front, vr965 for surround(main), vr950 surround(back) and the vr920(center). the vr975 can output so much tight and clean bass, you won't have need for a subwoofer. mid's and high's are exceptional clear and soundstage is well focused with great spacious and detail. overall you can't get wrong with that combination, enjoy.

regards, holger

3. Sean_Cunningham

I agree. I am currently enjoying a Denon 1802 with VR-M60's, and the combination sounds really good to my ears.

Of course, I'd love to upgrade to a more powerful receiver ;-)

4. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Jonathan,
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have a Denon 2802 with the VR-M60's mains, VR-MC center, and VR-MX surrounds. I love them, they sound really great. Like Sean above, my only regret was not going for the 3802. Otherwise, I am extremely pleased. [​IMG]