What's new

opinion on the purchase of a new tv (2 Viewers)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
bjballar41 said:
so stupid question maybe i found this tv it is broken but if i fix mine with just a power supply it sounds like this one may need a new one also would it be worth it to get it and order it?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ele/4250537931.html
I think that's a 720p plasma, i personally wouldn't touch it with a bargepole but it's your money.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
ya i looked it up and found that out i just saw it had the same symptoms as my tv so was thinking if i fixed mine may be an easy fix

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
so ive been trying to see about checking my hours on my working samsung and i can not find a way to do it. and i contacted samsung and they said there is no option on checking how many hours their tvs have been in use

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
bjballar41 said:
so ive been trying to see about checking my hours on my working samsung and i can not find a way to do it. and i contacted samsung and they said there is no option on checking how many hours their tvs have been in use
They won't tell you, here is how you do it.

2011 "D" Models : While the TV is in standby mode: Press the {MUTE}, {1}, {8}, {2} & {POWER} buttons. The TV will turn on with the Service Menu displayed. Use the {UP} or {DOWN} buttons to select "SVC" "PANEL DISPLAY TIME" will be one of the items listed. To exit, press the {POWER} button. NOTE: After exiting, all picture settings will be reset to default values. So make sure to write down custom adjustments before accessing the Service Menu.2010 "C" Models : While the TV is in standby mode: Press the {MUTE}, {1}, {8}, {2} & {POWER} buttons. The TV will turn on with the Service Menu displayed. Use the {UP} or {DOWN} buttons to select "SVC" "PANEL DISPLAY TIME" will be one of the items listed. To exit, press the {POWER} button. NOTE: After exiting, all picture settings will be reset to default values. So make sure to write down custom adjustments before accessing the Service Menu.2009 "B" Models: B550 / B560 / B590 / B650 / B850 / B860 While the TV is in standby mode: Press the {INFO}, {MENU}, {MUTE} & {POWER} buttons. The TV will turn on with the Service Menu displayed. Using the {UP} or {Down} buttons, select "Control". Then select "Sub Option". "PANEL DISPLAY TIME" will be one of the items listed. To exit, press the {POWER} button. NOTE: After exiting, all picture settings will be reset to default values. So make sure to write down custom adjustments before accessing the Service Menu.2008 "A" Models: A450 / A550 / A650 While the TV is in standby mode: Press the {MUTE}, {1}, {8}, {2} & {POWER} buttons. The TV will turn on with the Service Menu displayed. Use the {UP} or {DOWN} buttons to select "PDP OPTION". or Use the {UP} or {DOWN} buttons to select "OPTION BYTE". "PANEL DISPLAY TIME" will be one of the items listed. To exit, press the {RETURN} button and/or turn the power off. NOTE: After exiting, all picture settings will be reset to default values. So make sure to write down custom adjustments before accessing the Service Menu.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
i tried that here is my number pn42c450b1dxza so i think mine is a c450 which would mean its a 2010. do i press all the buttons at once? and standby means its on like the screen saver where it shows samsung that moves around right?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
bjballar41 said:
i tried that here is my number pn42c450b1dxza so i think mine is a c450 which would mean its a 2010. do i press all the buttons at once? and standby means its on like the screen saver where it shows samsung that moves around right?
No, i actually did this for my E6500 last year to check hours, i confirmed it was a new TV that way, you want to switch the television into standby, this means switching it off using your remote so you have nothing on the screen, the TV will be off, then you follow the instructions above.

Press each button one at a time, no need to rush it.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
bjballar41 said:
still nothing just cuts on to cable
Disconnect anything connected to the television and then try again, it took me a few goes to get right.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
i found it mines under the 2009 options 5691hrs . how long are these tvs suppose to last? i saw somehwere panasonic has like 30000 hrs?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Bummer. With your budget, and only using BB, its either the LG 50PN5300 or Samsung PN51F5300AFXZA. I know its $50 over your budget, even with free delivery, but I wouldnt invest in a 720p plasma. At 720p the pixels are just too obvious and I wouldnt want to own an LED, 1080p or not.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I'm gonna talk to them I have heard they are price matching even amazon. So gonna see what I can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks