What's new

Opinion on HDTV (1 Viewer)

NickStan

Auditioning
I'm currently looking at a panasonic CT-34WX52 for my new television. I'm looking for something that has hdtv and also has the 16:9. What are your opinions on this or is there a better TV in the same price range?

-Nick

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
There is no DVI on this set if thats important to you. The sony 34xbr800 seems to be the leader in the 34" 16x9 area. Toshiba also has 2 34" HD sets 34HD82 and 34HDX82, both have DVI and look to be very promising sets.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I have the Sony, but the picture quality of the Panasonic is comparable. You would not be disappointed with either display. If DVI is important to you, that would tip the scales away from the Panasonic.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Jeff Lam et al.:
Jeff, you said
Perhaps I'm overlooking it, but I can't see where Tosh's Web pages on the 34HDX82 say that it features a DVI input (http://www.toshiba.com/tacp/tv/curre...82_detail.html). Also haven't found a review of the set in my SGHT and S & V back issues.
A buddy of mine is looking at buying this set and I want to confirm: Are you sure this Tosh features a DVI input?
Thanks!
Cheers,
Paul

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
It's there. Both the 34HD82 and 34HDX82 have it.
Link Removed
Page 13.
More Toshiba Manuals:
Link Removed

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Jeff:
Outstanding! Thanks for the reply and the linkage to the manual. Gotta love Adobe Acrobat Reader! :)
I chuckled when I saw the "[c]onsult your consumer electronics dealer for availability" note in connection with the reference to "a DVD player equipped with a DVI-D single-link output connection."
Is that what we call vaporware? ;)
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks