What's new

Opinion needed on the Panasonic 65" VT30 series (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ugh, they sent me a dead TV and now tell me they are going to charge me a 15% restocking fee. Trying to get through to them on the phone to sort THAT out now but this is just ridiculous.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/317509/opinion-needed-on-the-panasonic-65-vt30-series/30#post_3929385
Ugh, they sent me a dead TV and now tell me they are going to charge me a 15% restocking fee. Trying to get through to them on the phone to sort THAT out now but this is just ridiculous.
Hmm makes no sense. Let me see what I can do. Moral of the story is always check before you sign. (Full disclaimer I didn't on my Panny, but mine wasn't broken).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, good news. This is just an example of Panasonic being dysfunctional: Everyone gets the email saying that they will be charged 15% and have to ship it themselves, there is no way for them to turn off those automated messages.
So no restocking fee for me and they ARE sending a shipper to pick it up from me free of charge. But I likely won't hear from them until Tuesday and they probably won't be able to schedule it until late next week. I can live with that.
Thanks for offering to check Adam but that's no longer necessary.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, that must have been a nasty surprise when you opened the box. It looks like it got dropped or had a proverbial 900 pound gorilla sitting on it. Hope you get it all straightened out, but your experience doesn't seem to say much for Panasonic's customer service. I wonder when these outfits are going to learn that lousy customer service is at least as infuriating as the problem one is calling about. They don't seem to be able to figure out that a person is a lot less likely to ever be a repeat customer when they see that the service is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks