Opinion about Fluance and Cambridge speaker

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by nagesh, Aug 23, 2003.

1. nagesh

nagesh Extra

Hi,
    I am looking for buying one of the speaker packages, both are at $200, but need some advice on there quality and durability, I am looking for ensemble 3rd version of speakers. Please advice me soon as I need to order it urgently.

2. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

Well, I bought the Fluance AV-HTB speaker package about a month ago, and I have to say they are very good speaker package. I have tried several dvds that has great demands on the receiver and the speakers such as Jurassic Park 1 and Star Wars I, and they give a tremendous sound for both. Also, music sounds very good with these speakers, so I think you will not be disappointed with this choice. I am not sure about this "third ensemble" you are talking about. When I bought this package, Fluance did not have subwoofers available, but they have two kinds to choose from. As a result, I bought Velodyne's VX-10 100W 10" subwoofer, and I could not be happier.

I have not listened to Cambridge, so I can't comment on those speakers. Perhaps some other people can give you their input on your question.

perrin