What's new

Opie And Anthony to make a BIG announcement on Thursday (1 Viewer)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
And I have heard from a reliable source that the dogstar is out of luck.

From Foundry Music:

"It has been confirmed to us through a 'reliable source' that this Thursday, August 5th, at 12:00 NOON, OPIE AND ANTHONY will be making a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City regarding their careers and what the future has in store for the two exiled DJs.

The Hard Rock Cafe is located at:
221 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Come again?

Are you implying that O&A will not be appearing
on Sirius?

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Ron, that is what I'm implying.

My source is very solid. The only way he's wrong is if O&A are personally spreading disinformation to their associates.
In which case, I'll look like a tool on Thursday. :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's EXCELLENT news if Sirius does not get them.

I hate Sirius and only resubscribed based on
previouse O&A information about their return.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Yeah, when he told me yesterday, I was thrilled.
I'd been really bummed when I kept hearing Sirius, so I'm praying he's right about what he's been told.

But like I said, he's a really solid source, so I felt it was fine to risk my good name :D and post what I've heard.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Joe,

I am not saying you are wrong. I have no
information that contradicts yours.

This is just information that is pretty hard
to swallow. For months all I have read and been
told is that a deal was made with Sirius.

Even when I visited with Sirius management back
in February it was pretty much verified that
O&A would be coming aboard with them.

I just can't get my hopes up that XM nabbed them
at zero hour.

If your information turns out to be true however,
this will be the best thing that happened to XM
since they went commercial-free.

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Who the hell are Opie & Anthony? More importantly how are they devastating to Sirius?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

O&A are a couple of comedy talk radio guys, like Howard Stern, Don & Mike, etc. They had a syndicated show until a couple of years ago when they went too far and got the wrath from the FCC.

It is devastating for Sirius, from the standpoint that content like this pretty much sucks on both services. The fact that XM was able to get a team that is nationally known, like these guys, and the fact that Sirius was supposed to have this in the bag, it is pretty tough for them.

Course, you are going to have to pay $1.99 extra a month for the privlage of hearing them, but that won't stop fans. I've already got an office mate who will buy XM just to listen to these guys.

Jason

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
YAHOO!

The dog just soiled itself.

This is tremendous news!

XM stock up $1.07 as I write this.

Whoo-Hah!

Bryan_O

Agent
It's going to be really interesting to see if O&A can hold their own channel, and keep it going at a premium price. I, for one, am a huge fan and will be willing to pay the premium, but their kind of show is not for everyone.

The other interesting facet is going to be the head to head vs. Stern in NY. When O&A were on before, they were under gag order to never utter the name Howerd Stern, or any of his bits. I'm looking forward to the battle of the morning "shock jocks".

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Is this an east coast thing? I have never heard of these guys. What kind of show is this?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i felt they were a poor imitiation of what howard stern used to be.

but they would take raunch or poor taste a little further because they had to make themsleves noticed.

i understand that people like them, i just found them to be boring and only funny if you were 13 and never heard this type of humor before.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I'll pass then. But an extra fee of $1.99 per radio? Yowza. Welcome to pay-or-play radio.. So now if you want this, you get to pay more then SIRIUS to hear it, for one radio program? I thought that SIRIUS might do this when they added the NFL, to make it a "pay" option. I'm trying to think of any single show I would pay extra for..

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, just had never heard of them, so no thoughts. Now, if XM adds Dr. Laura, let me know ;)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Yeah, Chris, if you're a Dr. Laura fan, O&A is DEFINATELY not what you're looking for.

Oil and water, right there.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok, Terrific!
:D

Does this mean that O&A will be going to D.C. or will they do the show from New York?

Bryan_O

Agent

I read on one of the boards that XM has a studio in Manhatten, right across the street from the Hard Rock where they made the announcement.

BTW, did any notice the new name of the channel-- "High Voltage". It makes me chuckle thinking that some XM marketing exec has probably been hip-pocketing that name, saving it just for the right occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks