What's new

Opie and Anthony Returning to Terrestrial Radio (1 Viewer)

Brent T

Second Unit
I gave OnA a listen the other morning on 94 WYSP and while they are much better then Roth (then again I think one of my buddies and I could do as well as he did) I didnt listen long since they were doing Gay Chicken... Old bit done a billion times over.

I will check back again though, something I didnt do after two days of DLR.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brent,

Look forward to hearing additional opinions.

I have been on vacation this past week so I really
haven't had the chance to listen to them during their
second week on FM radio.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

They are as good a ever even on terrestrial. Unlike another certain personality who "couldn't do a good show for the past 10 years because of the FCC" O&A have never had to rely on FCC violation material to have a show. It is true that, except for some the curse words that they use on XM, pretty much most of their show could be ported to terrestrial without much incident. Many fans think it's superior since much of thier humor when they were on WNEW relied on their creativity to skirt around FCC issues. '

James St

Supporting Actor

Gay Chicken was suggested to them by Bobby the "no homo" intern and they ended up smashing him since it was a bit done by Howard and a lot of other shows. They ended up doing the mouse traps with Twitchels and Big A.

DaveSarcevic

Agent
All this wonderful talk about Opus and Asswipe is so heart warming, but it belies the fact that that these 2 low quality Stern wannabees brought only 35000 extra subscribers. Wow, to Stern's 3,500,000+.

Xm subscribers were forced to pay an extra dollar to listen to these God's gift to radio. With the numbers stated above , O&a have been a dismal failure. Get off the sinking ship before you drown.

How can you honestly say that o&a going to free radio is an improvement? Why would anyone pay for xm when they can get get the same low quality show on FM. I'm not a business expert by any sense, but even Gary the Retard can see what a blunder this busness decision is.

For all those failing to see the obvious, the reasaon that 0&a are on testicle radio because they have failed on satellite radio. Xm just attatched itself to another failed business venture.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

Consider yourself warned. I don't mind your opinion, but I do
not wish to see it expressed in that manner again here.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

You've been misinformed/lied-to about...let's just say...everything in your posting.

Try again. :)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I'll throw my hat into the camp of "it's a win win situation". I think XM will make out best if O&A heavily promote the content that will be on from 9-11, thus making people want to listen, which should, over the long haul, bring more non-subscribers into the fold.

We'll see.

BTW, as a newbie to Sat/XM, I have to just say, can't wait until tomorrow. It's been a while since I have been able to listen in on WoW......

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Actually, Opie and Anthony have been in top form all this week.

I have never laughed harder at them.

They have been replaying an old bit of the GreaseMan selling
crayons and Andrew Dice Clay on Ice.

Today they did the top 5-10 most depressing songs that had
me in hysterics.

Nice to see that the boys are pumping out some quality shows
and that the folks on FREE radio are hearing a lot of it.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

That bit killed me - Jimmy asking Johnny Cash "Did you?" during "Hurt" and then the "Christmas Shoes" song had me almost on the floor. I'm just glad I wasn't driving.

James St

Supporting Actor

I'm really enjoying the walk over bit they do everyday from FM to XM. From Jimmy buying an issue of Honcho and reading it in a Starbucks to Rich doing stand up out of nowhere, it's been great.

I just hope they get Paltalk set up in the FM studio soon. I only watch until about 8AM so I haven't seen them since the switch.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have tried listening twice over the last week and I personally find them to be dull and unfunny.

Many of my friends are fans so I'll give them a few more tries but imo Stern is vastly more entertaining.

Sorry boys.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks