Operation Finale (2018)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: Operation Finale

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Chris Weitz

Cast: Oscar Isaac, Ben Kingsley, Mélanie Laurent, Nick Kroll, Joe Alwyn, Haley Lu Richardson, Lior Raz, Michael Aronov, Peter Strauss, Ohad Knoller, Greg Hill, Michael Hernandez, Greta Scacchi, Pêpê Rapazote, Torben Liebrecht, Tatiana Rodríguez, Antonia Desplat

Release: 2018-08-29

Plot: 15 years after World War II, a team of secret agents are brought together to track down Adolf Eichmann, the infamous Nazi architect of the Holocaust.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has anybody see this yet? I'll be doing so between now and Labor Day.

Last edited:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I saw it last night. I found it to be much better than the 65% score it currently has on RT. It's worth it for Kingsley's performance alone. I'd give it 8/10.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw it last night. I found it to be much better than the 65% score it currently has on RT. It's worth it for Kingsley's performance alone. I'd give it 8/10.
Same here, I caught a matinee this afternoon and found it to be a very good film. My film grade is 4.0 based on range of 1-5 with 5 being the best film grade.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I had a movie night to myself and opted to see this instead of "Mission Impossible," and I'm glad I did. Ben Kingsley's performance was chilling, especially in his final scene with Oscar Issac.

Watching the end credits, I was shocked that the woman playing Eichmann's wife was Greta Scaachi.

And it never ceases to amaze me what period hair and makeup can do to transform a modern looking person to one that is quintessential for the time, namely Haley Lu Richardson, who I last saw in "Split."

image.jpg

Portrait_Photograph_of_Haley_Lu_Richardson.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I remembered Ms. Richardson from "The Edge of Seventeen" too. This attractive young actress has a bright future. As to Ms. Scacchi, I didn't recognize her either until the end credits. She looked quite different than her role in "Presumed Innocent". Amazing that film is coming up on its 30th anniversary in a few years.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw the movie and liked it. I had a terrible audience which really got in the way of my enjoyment of the film, but I thought it was well made, good performances, and some pretty good tension (which is a good achievement when you already know the outcome of the story coming into the film). It's probably not something I'll ever feel the need to rewatch, but I was glad to have seen it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw the movie and liked it. I had a terrible audience which really got in the way of my enjoyment of the film, but I thought it was well made, good performances, and some pretty good tension (which is a good achievement when you already know the outcome of the story coming into the film). It's probably not something I'll ever feel the need to rewatch, but I was glad to have seen it.

My audience was fine, though I got stuck next to a nutty old lady.

I think I told the story in another thread, but the woman to my right threatened to get security because the woman on my left wouldn't turn off her phone.

Only problem was that the woman on the left didn't have a phone out/on!

Nutty lady wouldn't accept that, though she eventually clammed up! :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
How large is his role? I had been wondering if it was a small part since the movie is about capturing him. The movie could spend most of the time with all the planning and execution of the plan.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, I remembered Ms. Richardson from "The Edge of Seventeen" too. This attractive young actress has a bright future. As to Ms. Scacchi, I didn't recognize her either until the end credits. She looked quite different than her role in "Presumed Innocent". Amazing that film is coming up on its 30th anniversary in a few years.
Greta was absolutely hot in that movie. I've always though she should have had bigger career.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How large is his role? I had been wondering if it was a small part since the movie is about capturing him. The movie could spend most of the time with all the planning and execution of the plan.
He's in the film for a good portion of it. This isn't a cameo or brief appearance.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill scruggs
Recent bookmarks