Opera: Should i risk buying???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christina_DQ, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

I wa at Best Buy yesturday & they finnaly had a copy of the L.E. foronly $22! While i would've picked it up,after hearig all the complaints about it not playing right ect. I didn't wanna risk it + it did happen before when i rented Phenomena & it froze an hour into the movie + was hard to turn off ect! I still haven't seen the rest of that film & will buy the Argento double feauture disk since i'm sure it won't have the same player problems.
    So my question is should i go ahead and get it(+ have never seen the film before) or will AB be releasing the new corrected versions & hopefully you'll be able to tell them part?
    + how do you return the dvd for the corrected version if you have to? I remember there was apost with a link to it,but i could'nt find it.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I would pick it up if I were you. This is an Argento classic in my book. Even if the disc doesn't work, you can still get a replacement disc through Anchor Bay. I would do that since (and I know how lame this sounds) it is a Limited Edition. But, that's just my opinion.
    As far as getting a replacement, just go to http://www.anchorbay.com/opera
    Fill out the thingy and they SAY they'll send you a corrected disc. We'll see.
    ------------------
    "I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
    My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
    [Edited last by Brad_W on October 03, 2001 at 06:19 PM]

3. Eric Wickitt

Eric Wickitt Agent

I have an older model Sony player and had no problems with my copy....maybe mine wasn't one of the defective ones,..... but i say 'go for it'.