What's new

Opera borks Microsoft - Sesame St gives aide (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
After I posted the PS2 bashing article that MS's official Xbox website made I thought they couldn't be anymore childish. I was wrong:

The Swedish Chef Goes After Microsoft

I can't believe MS made their MSN section unreadable in Opera just to gain some ground in the browser competition. I'm glad Opera has this version. You know when the l33t people say "M$ sucks!!!" Well this is one reason why. :rolleyes

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Nawwww. Microsoft do something to stifle competition? Surely you jest, and I'm not calling you "Shirley". :)

You know when the l33t people say "M$ sucks!!!" Well this is one reason why.
Well, I won't degrade myself by associating with the l33t crowd, but I've know for years that Microsoft sucks.

Quite frankly, the only time that Microsoft won't suck is when they make vacuum cleaners.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
just more typical anticompetitve crap from MS, you know I really think MS is the only company noone feels guilty pirating there software:) hehe

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
You can't tell me that Microsoft doesn't have positive expectations on people pirating their software. I'm sure they realize that if people pirate their software, they're losing money but they're locking in a larger user base.

How many people remember when an Office 97 (maybe Office 95) "30-day trial copy" was available for $4.95 at Kinkos locations all over the U.S. The crack to remove the trial function was a change to a 50KB (or so) .DLL file. Of course, Microsoft said that they would prosecute the person who released the crack, but they never did, and if security was really a concern they would have come up with a better protection scheme than a code in a .DLL file.

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet a LOT of money that Microsoft execs were secretly laughing in joyful glee at the success of their plan. They managed to get a SH*TLOAD of Office 97 CDs into the world, thus hugely adding onto their user base, while still making a little bit of money and while still making themselves out to be victims.

Very, very shrewd, and I never bought for a second that it wasn't intended that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks