What's new

Opening credits in the Bond films - do you like them? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I enjoy the James Bond films - I have them all on dvd - but I've always thought the opening credits were a little silly. Maybe it's just me, but I think those montages of women and guns are awfully trite - they seem like relics of the sixties. I realize those sequences are a hallmark of the series, but I kinda wish they'd do away with them in future Bond flicks. I know it'd be strange seeing a new 007 adventure without them, but maybe it's time to try something different.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
They may seem trite and like relics, but they're tradition, and you can't break that, so I'm all for them. Personally, I don't think the problem is the credits, but the current films. They should have killed the series after Golden Eye (maybe before).

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I used to like them but now I'm just like start the damn movie. After the first few most of them seem fairly similar so I don't see the reason to bother. And the songs for the most part just get worse with each film.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Like the films themselves, some I like better than others. But as a general rule, yes, I like them. Of course if the nudity were more real and less implied, I'd like them even better. :)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I think they are great and sometimes better than the film itself.

My gripe with the Bond films today is the lack of S.P.E.C.T.E.R. (However it is spelled)

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I like them...it's nice to see a series of films that does their own thing rather than the usual credit sequence like everybody else.

As for SPECTRE, they can't use it anymore due to copyright reasons.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I love the opening credit sequences, as Justin mentioned, they're tradition. It's part of what makes a Bond film a Bond film, just like the opening gun-barrel walk. What's next? Casting an American actor as Bond?! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks