What's new

Open Water announced on DVD from Lions Gate on Dec 28th (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I know this is supposed to be a good film & there is probably more to it than the trailers make out but even as short as 79 mins, I didn't fancy sitting in a cinema watching 2 people lost in the ocean.

I'll probably watch it on DVD to see what all the fuss is about.

No specs yet but there is only 1 disc so I guess it will be WS and P&S on the same disc or WS only.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Cool, nice to have a set date for this gem. Will definitely be getting this. Hopefully it'll include some sweet extras.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I may be wrong but it's looking like a $19.99 SRP so it may be lacking in extras, not that that necessarily follows.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
It doesn't matter if it is lacking in extras, I must have this disc. :D

I threw up the devil horns after the end credits. Needless to say, I enjoyed it a lot. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't think price has anything to do with extras. There have been plenty of low price discs with all sorts of extras.

I'm more interested in what the transfer will be. It was shot on Digital video and transferred to film for theatrical release (which didn't look all that great). Will the transfer be from the film print back to video (like the rather unwatchable BLAIR WITCH DVD) or directly from the original video?

As for the film, it was okay. Although I heard more people coming out of the theatre saying negative things about it than of any film I saw this year.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well that's not too surprising. It's a film where the anticipation of something happening is scarier than what the actually show to a great extent. Of course people didn't like it :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks