What's new

Open Plea to Warner Bros.: Please Release "The Bowery Boys" series on DVD! (1 Viewer)

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Warner owns the full rights to The Bowery Boys series (Monogram/Allied Artists 1946-1958), and much like the "Charlie Chan" films with Fox, the Bowery Boys catalog has been nicely restored but only for some limited airplay on the TCM channel a few years ago. These films have a pretty decent following, and were mainstays of many a childhood's Saturday and Sunday aftenoon viewings. The films barely run an hour each, so it would be awesome to get a box set(s) (Warner only released six BB titles on VHS over a decade ago, then said goodnight). Please WARNER!!!!

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
I second the motion.

I've been getting the East Side Kids DVDs from Alpha. They're actually nice DVDs as long as you're not expecting "Casablanca" quality. Anyway, those DVDs have reminded me how much I liked Leo and Huntz.

I have been kicking myself for not taping the TCM showings. Had I known that these were going to disappear I would have.

The Bowery Boys series could easily be issued as two-fers. Bobby Jordan, Gabe Dell, Billy Halop, and even Bernard Gorcey (Louie) all hold a fond place in my heart.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'll 3rd and 4th this. All 48 films would be must buys for me and they are on the top of my most wanted on DVD list. I vote for double features released 4 - 6 volumes at a time.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Warner. Universal is giving us an 8 movie set of Abbott and Costello in February . Please due the same for The Bowery Boys. Now is the time for classic comedy on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks