1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Open invitation for SVS Auditions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay C, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Jay C

Jay C Extra

Based on a recent post PW2200 beat SVS I have decided to reiterate my open invitation for others to audition a SVS 25-31PC in my home. email me at [email protected] or send a private message. I'm in the Memphis, TN (Cordova to be exact) area.
    Jay

2. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Jay, you might consider signing up at www.audioenvy.com as an "auditioning SVS owner"
    --steve

3. Jay C

Jay C Extra

[​IMG] Steve, thanks. I'm all signed up. I have had other audiophiles share their home with me to audition internet only products. I just want to return the favor to the community.
    Jay

4. Jordan Tracey

Jordan Tracey Stunt Coordinator

I might take a ride out there to see audition your SVS, Jay. I am 30 miles south of Nashville. So if I do come, it'll be a heck of a drive to hear a sub, 3 hours or so?

5. Jay C

Jay C Extra

You may want to sign up with that site and request a demo. I'm sure there are members much closer to you. In any case, my invitation remains.

I was disappointed at first when I found out about the PCi's being released, and for $100 less than what I paid. But then I realized that Tom and Ron are simply improving their product every way they can. I even confirmed that my PC has the new driver they are shipping.

I can honestly state that my SVS shakes my walls and floor as described, and goes incredibly (read: way too loud for me) loud. Also it fills a 27x16-foot room with major openings with bass. That's all I wanted, and the price was right.

Jay

Edit: I reread my post and it makes the SVS sound I a resonace machine. That's not what I meant. Yes if you are upstairs and I turn on a movie at 85dB listening levels you get a nice foot massage. However, for those of you opt to stay and enjoy the movie, the bass is clean. You hear and feel every note (Blue Man Group). I loved it when I demoed my $690 SVS to my buddy who shelled out $1600 (includes the x-30) Servo15. He was smiling with me. He too was impressed with the clean sound. In his room, he has a very nasty standing wave, so the clarity of the bass was an eye opener.