What's new

Oop (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
When a title goes OOP, is there any announcement of this made? Or does it just quietly go? Usually, I mean. How do you find out when a title does go OOP, and is there a way to find out if one is planned to go OOP soon?

On a related note, is the Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box OOP or not? It seems to be getting harder to find these days. Fortunately, after not having any for quite a while, my local Best Buy got a few back in stock, and I just picked one up for $50.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
My experiences with this tend toward Criterion Collection titles. Sometimes I've seen them warn buyers weeks or even months in advance, but sometimes they just become OOP with no warning (At least according to the Criterion website).

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Considering that the DVD format is still young, why are so many titles becoming out of print so fast? A while ago, I sold "Weird Science" on DVD for $51 on eBay, and that was all profit, since it came free when I bought "The Perfect Storm".

Dean

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Considering that the DVD format is still young, why are so many titles becoming out of print so fast? A while ago, I sold "Weird Science" on DVD for $51 on eBay, and that was all profit, since it came free when I bought "The Perfect Storm".
Well in the case of Weird Science that was due to Universal's dispute with Image Entertainment. A few years back Universal licensed 50 titles to Image to put out on DVD. I am not sure if they actually released all 50 or not. After some were in release for awhile, Image dropped the MSRP (as EVERY good studio should) on a bunch and Universal said that violated thier aggreement so all the Universal/Image titles went OOP. Some of the others include:

MST3K The Movie
Firestarter
Amazon Women on the Moon
Ghost Story
Prince of Darkness
Serpent and the Rainbow
Breakfast Club

--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks