Onyko 575x: getting feedback

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I need to know if I have a power issue or a hardware issue...every now and then, there is a slight popping from the speakers, it doesn't even mater which source or soundmode.
    This problem has appeared within the last two weeks. Also I believe this dorm is a home theater nightmare. I've poverloaded the wall several times causing shortouts. I solved that problem by hooking the two surge protectors to separate outlets! Anyway, what is a man to do? I worry. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Chuck
    http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

2. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

When does the popping occur? Is it in the middle of a soundtrack or when you switch chapters/titles on a DVD? This happens on my home theater sometimes when I switch between test signals on the Avia Guide to Home Theater, but if what you're hearing is anything like that, I don't think you have to worry about it.
    ------------------
    -J.Fo
    "Why do I always get a warped one?"

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Nope, it happens at random...i'd describe it as a staticky pop. It's a power problem, I know it...it's probably due to our neighbors turning on their microwave or something.
    ------------------
    Chuck
    http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

4. RandyS

RandyS Auditioning

Chuck,
    My 575x does the same thing when my ice maker in the kitchen refrigerator fills up. I'll bet it's something in your apt/house that comes on... check to see what else is on your circuit.
    Good luck