What's new

Only in America! (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I know someone whos friend ordered a bunch of burgers, fries and a Diet Coke at McDonalds...Some woman said to him "Why bother with the Diet Coke?"

The kid said to her "Because if I order a regular Coke, I'd DIE!" (He's diabetic)
I suppose the "bunch of burgers" and the fries take a little longer to kill.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Why when we walk into our apartments does the sudden urge to kill our cat and burn the place down occur?

Why is there a guy who whispers into our ears and when we turn around theres no one there?

Hmmmmmmmmm....

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Mark Fitzsimmons I have never, laughed that hard before in my entire life at a post. I don't know how funny everyone else thought that was (including you), but it must have just hit me at the right time because I had tears in my eyes.

This is a great thread. I've some for ya.

-If the store says open 24/7 then why do they have locks on the front door?

-If a prisoner is sentenced to life, so he's never getting out. Why should he obey any rules? Are they going to sentence him to never EVER getting out?

-Why sentence a person to serve 2 life sentences consecutively? When they die and are reincarnated, will they have to finish their sentence? " Get your ass in there lil' Johnny, we remember that $#!T you did".

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
-If a prisoner is sentenced to life, so he's never getting out. Why should he obey any rules? Are they going to sentence him to never EVER getting out?

-Why sentence a person to serve 2 life sentences consecutively? When they die and are reincarnated, will they have to finish their sentence? " Get your ass in there lil' Johnny, we remember that $#!T you did".

(1) Because even in prison, there are levels to the treatment; misbehave and you get sent to solitary, privileges revoked etc.

(2) A life sentence still allows for the possibility of parole (unless explicitly excluded), so I guess theoretically once you serve one sentence and get paroled, you start serving the second sentence. By the same token, it doesn't make sense to sentence someone to, say, 700 years in prison, until you consider eligibility for parole after serving, say, one-third; in the case of a 700 year sentence, you'd be a stately 250+ by then...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks