What's new

Online Vendor for NTSC Non-Region 1 DVDs (1 Viewer)

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have good suggestions for an online vendor that sells NTSC non region 1 discs. I have a multi region player, but I dont like how it does Pal conversion.

Thanks
Dylan

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I am completely with you on this issue! I love the freedom of having a region-free player, but I can't stand watching a PAL transfer. Even the best-converted signal is going to have the speed-up problem, which bothers me immensely. Sadly, it seems like 99% of the posts in the HTF's Regional DVD Area deal with PAL discs. There's not a whole lot of discussion to be read about importing NTSC DVDs.
Personally, I've had nothing but good experiences from CD Japan.
I also just this week got the unedited R3 Hong Kong DVD of "Eyes Wide Shut" (a great disc, by the way — I highly recommend it if you're a fan of the movie and multi-region-capable) from Blue Laser (www.bluelaser.com). It was my first time using them, but everything went quite smoothly.
Whatever you do, enjoy your DVDs!

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Tomoko:

Wow! Excellent information.

Carl:

I agree, but that's probably because there are more people from Europe than Japan on the list. I myself just just my region-free player about two weeks ago. My player doesn't do PAL to NTSC conversion, but that's not a big deal for me, since I'm much more interested in Japanese/Korean/HK movies than European movies.

John.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Don't forget to get Dark Angel, season 1 available for almost a year now and second coming out in another 2 boxsets in September.
They also got Ally McBeal and now OOP but still available at amazon.co.jp, the one and only season of Total Recall 2070 :D
I don't notice any speedup and conversion on a Malata N996 is perfect so for me there is no system or region anymore.

LouieT

Grip
I'm not new to the DVD game and I've had my fair share of both good and bad retailers of Asian imported DVDs, but there is just one retailer that is above the cut for me and they are AznFilms. I just found these guys out through the KFC Cinema message boards and I have got to say that I'm impressed.
Here is their link:
www.aznfilms.com
Their prices are well below any U.S. retailer I've bought from before. Their regular prices are even under the "sale" prices of most other retailers. Their customer service is one of a kind. Trust me on this one. E-mails are answered within a few hours and you can even call them up to talk about movies! Take a look at their site and you'll see what I mean.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I've heard a lot recently about them. I would think LouieT would be pleased with them since he lives and they operate in the same city. no?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
AZN looks good to me. I like their SPECIFIC no-bootleg policy. Their selection is a tad limited right now for the stuff I like to buy, but I'll definately be watching them, and maybe they'll be more accomodating than YesAsia on special orders (trying to avoid CD Japan shipping ;) )

LouieT

Grip
Chris, I am very pleased with them. All of my orders are placed over the phone and picked up locally so I'm more than happy about saving on the shipping costs. The guys that I met so far are very knowledgeable about the films they sell. Excellent prices and friendly people does it for me.

Jeff, I just read on their news section that they are still adding more films to their database. I think they've only been up for a little while and that might be the reason.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I just placed my first order with AZN last night and they shipped it this morning so, thus far, I'm quite pleased with their service.

I must say, their shipping rates are some of the lowest I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks