Online Sports Gambling -- Why Illegal?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Doug Miller, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    I know that gambling online is illegal in some states, but don't really understand why. Not that this website would condone, or certainly house, sinners that bet on sports online.... but hypothetically, how would your experience have gone, if hypothetically you had put money down on a game.

Has anyone ever had a list of rated sites for legitimate sports gambling sites?

I'm just curious, I hear so much about them on sports radio. They were joking about how some mid-west host had gotten busted for gambling online, and how they thought it was a big crock because "everybody does it".

Doug

2. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    Don't worry, the picture of the best baby ever, would keep me from losing more than a hypothetical $50.

Doug

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

The place I used to deal with stopped dealing with me because i was canadian. something about there being restrictions, i have no idea.
    but i do know it was a sign that i should stop gambling because even though I too started out with around 50, that soon doubled and tripled and believe it or not, it's pretty hard to actually make money gambling.[​IMG]
    Here's what I'd do if i were you. Make your picks, but actually do them hypothetically. Then track them, for about two weeks, and see how much money you'd have made and lost. it can be eye opening.

oh, and cute kid.