Online purchases

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Wyeth, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Phil Wyeth

Phil Wyeth Extra

The debate over online purchases baffles me. I'm thinking of purchasing either a Yamaha RXV-3000 or the Denon 3802. If I go with reliableaudiovideo.com, I will save my self a few hundred versus going with an authorized dealer.

A quote from reliableaudiovideo.com

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reliable A/V dealers honor the original manufacturer warranty, exactly as stipulated by the manufacturer, for the length of the original warranty. In the event any repair is needed within this period, we will arrange to pickup, repair, and return the item at Reliable's expense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question:

How is this 'warrenty' different if I purchased from an authorized dealer?? I think the only bad thing that could happen with my purchase is that reliable would go out of business at somepoint during my receiver having a problem. I think there is a remote chance of that. BTW, in my search of online dealers, realiable looks to be the only one with this stipulation.

Thanks for the opinions.

2. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Yeah, I'd like to know if people have had good experiences with Reliable also. I did a search on the Better Business Bureau web site by cross-checking the fax number. Reliable is the online arm of Uncle's Stereo in NYC. I believe the BBB gave them a satisfactory rating, with one complaint filed and properly resolved. This is already a pretty good start as a lot of these online dealers either have no record with the BBB or have unsatisfactory ratings. I'd love to be able to get the prices that Reliable offers!