What's new

Online order, getting frustrated... (1 Viewer)

Lynn Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone, I've posted this on another site, but you guys help just as much, so I'll try here too. THanks...
This probably isn't the correct place(sorry about that), but I know this thread gets lots of views, maybe someone could offer some quick advice. On Nov.18th, I ordered an M&K 750 THX speaker package and a Denon 1802 from www.speedandsound.com(AKA Uncle's Stereo in NY - supposedly a reputable dealer from what I understand). Well, according to their website everything was in stock and would arrive in 6-7 days from time of order. Well, this wasn't true, and I received my speakers on Dec. 5th and the receiver on Dec.6th. Not too big of a deal, right? Wrong. My V-1250 subwoofer didn't work out of the box, so I called and they issued a call tag to have UPS pick it up. Well, after more than a week, UPS finally picks it up and it arrives back at Uncle's on Dec. 23rd or 24th(a Monday). Now, they say they are backed up, but before replacing it they need to inspect it. No problem, I understand. Well, it took more than a week for their tech to check out the sub. After speaking to their customer service guy post-inspection, he said they will ship it beginning of the next week. Well, I called late last week like they wanted me too, just to confirm shipping info. They said call back this week to check again. Ok, so now I'm pretty upset. It's almost 2 months, and I still don't have a $1000 subwoofer. Any advice. I can call and complain, but it obviously isn't helping. They said they are waiting for their shipment of M&K stuff to arrive. Frustrated...
Update: I called there this morning and spoke to the shipping manager and he said it will ship today or tomorrow. Any ideas in case it does ship like he says it will? THanks...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I think that you are just a victim of bad timing. You just got hit with the Christmas Rush. A place will stock up for Christmas and hopefully sell everything, which is probably what they did.

Along with employees going on vacation and the holidays, you still have to deal with the manufacturer/distributor. If they ran out, they will have to make more of them and maybe ship them to a distributor, and every other store that needs more of them is doing the same thing.

If they are made in Japan, for example, they will place an order and they might get out on the next boat, but that still takes a week to get to the West Coast and then they have to get unpacked and sent to the proper point.

I hope that helps, but I'd be frustrated too.

Glenn

Lynn Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for settling my nerves a little. I think what you said is probably the truth, but getting the run-around instead of the truth(ie - saying it may take 3 weeks or something) is the upsetting part. Luckily, movies STILL sound REALLY good on the five speakers I do have. I think getting a sub will be like my 2nd Christmas or something. I'm just gonna be patient, but thanks for your sympathy!

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Lynn,
since they have your $$ and your sub, you might see if they'll refund the $$ since they've taken so long to take care of your account. Take the $1000 and talk to the folks at SVS. You'll be a happy camper.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks