Online Etailer Experience

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by James::Mc, Aug 26, 2003.

1. James::Mc

James::Mc Extra

Any advice for purchasing receivers / speakers from online etailers? Anything to be weary of? Some are offering very attractive deals and it makes me a little nervous. Any experience with electrodude or etronics? Thanks.

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Do not buy from any etailer that doesn't have official permission to sell products, like most Yahoo vendors, because often the warranty will be invalid.

Go to sites that rank customer purchases, and their thoughts. Very often you'll be warned off of sites that have been open for 2 weeks, and that have pissed off customers for the last few months. Don't trust reviews from the site themselves... look for independant reviews.

I bought a receiver and a speaker combo from J&R and Circuit City, and I could have gotten them cheaper elsewhere, but I decided to go with a place I trusted and pay a little more.

3. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Out of curiousity, does anyone have any positive or negative experiences to share about www.crazyeddie.com? I've been looking at the site for some time now, and am currently in need for a new car stereo. The prices on the site are very, very good, however, I do not know if they are authorized to sell their products (Denon, Sony ES, Pioneer Elite, etc.). I'm not too concerned about buying a $200.00 car stereo, but I would be more concerned if purchasing a more serious piece of equipment.

4. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Scott,

I've read nothing but B-A-D experience about Crazie Eddie. From what I've read, they are crooks who will hit you with used equipment, charge you more, etc.

Good prices on the outset, but the hidden stuff will kill you.